I made amaroK show ID3v2 tags! Finally

I have been using amaroK during the last few months and I think it is an excellent MP3 player (on the other hand, I like foobar2000, too). However, throughout all this time I have struggled with one problem - amaroK kept trimming long song titles, band names, etc (for example, instead of Anyone Can Play Radiohead: A Tribute To Radiohead it showed only Anyone Can Play Radiohead: A T).

Today I have found this and the problem is gone. I've pasted an appropriate piece of amaroK's FAQ below:

amaroK is not using the tags I know are in my files!

If Konqueror or other apps are displaying different Title, Artist, Album or Genre information than amaroK is picking up when it creates your collection, it may be reading the older ID3v1 format tags rather than the newer ID3v2 tags. This can be due to your Encodings setting:
  • Go to Settings, Configure amaroK, and then find the Encodings section of the Settings panel. Unclick all checkboxes to "Do not decode the following as latin1".
  • Rescan your collection to pick up the ID3v2 tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment